a reply to my jealous lover (who did not ask me for justifications)

“No justifications please”
You say this
and you ramble as you please?
What murder? What guile?
Trust me I know:
You are not so fragile.

Whats up with you?
What had gone wrong?
To my perfumed letter-
You answer in a woeful song!
The metaphor of Jesus,
the rhymes on treachery,
you call me traitorous Judas
You assassinate;
and on me are
accusations of butchery!

Wake up dear
You are deluded
Wake up lover
You are derided
Ever heard the tale of Othello?-
Or moors last lines
Post-being deserted?

Stop tattooing me
With you notions on my frailty
We all are petty humans
And as it must be
We all carry traits of mortality:
Sometimes I waver
Sometimes I wander
May be a couple of mistakes…
Too high is the price I say
If you plan to burn me on stakes…

In the end my jealous lover
I would beg you to holiday at ease
And I too end with my little please:
“No justifications please”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

nothing really happens...